Ciara Smith was homeschooled by an editor who instilled in her a love of reading and writing. After high school, she traveled the world serving in the navy. She had two beautiful daughters and decided to leave the military to pursue dress designing, baking, and writing. Ciara earned her Bachelor of Arts in Creative Writing and is currently working on writing a book to query. She is very excited to learn more about how to advocate for books to get published, especially with neurodivergent, disabled, and LGBT characters, like she is.
Ciara enjoys reading fantasy and science fiction with strange creatures and new, vibrant worlds. She has also recently ventured into reading horror and thrillers and enjoys stories with terrifying monsters and a strong twist. Reading the DEAR AMERICA series as a child has also inspired Ciara's love for historical fiction.
Ciara's Favorite Books
- FIRE AND HEMLOCK by Dianna Wynne Jones
- INKHEART by Cornelia Funke
- THE NAME OF THE WIND by Patrick Rothfuss
- NOBODY by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
- THE LORD OF THE RINGS by JRR Tolkien
- CINDER by Marissa Meyer
- LEGENDS & LATTES by Travis Baldree
- THINGS WE NEVER GOT OVER by Lucy Score
- THE MIDWIFE OF AUSCHWITZ by Anna Stuart
- CAPTURING THE DEVIL by Kerri Maniscalco