Cortney Radocaj - Agent Apprentice
*taking pitches on behalf of the agency through conferences/contests only
Cortney has spent her life eating and breathing literature. From the time she could hold a pen in her hand, she’s been writing everything possible, from journal entries to poetry to works of fiction. She’s devoured every book that’s come her way, and she continues to read as much as she can. When Cortney’s not working, she spends her time knitting and spoiling her Labrador-mix, Rhaegar. She also enjoys consuming copious amounts of chocolate and bingeing TV shows (particularly Supernatural, Game of Thrones, and sitcoms like The Office or Parks & Rec).
As a member and advocate of both the LGBT and neurodiverse communities, Cortney adores seeing works that celebrate and normalize these experiences, particularly in YA. For Cortney, compelling characters are what grab her the most; she loves books with strong, dynamic, complex characters that have complicated and nuanced relationships with others. She enjoys when authors break stereotypes and tropes, and she loves when plots and characters surprise her, leaving her breathless on the edge of her seat.
Some of Cortney’s favorite books: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas; The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell; City of Bones by Cassandra Clare; The Shining and IT by Stephen King; Tithe by Holly Black; Skinned by Robin Wasserman
- Fantasy (dark, some high, and contemporary)
- Sci-fi (LIGHT and character-centered)
- Retellings (mythology and fairytales of any and all origins)
- Gothic fiction (bonus points for southern gothic)
- Paranormal (with twists!)
- Contemporary (particularly LGBT)
- Horror (more psychological than gory, think The Shining--the book, not the movie!)
- Magical realism
- Children’s/Picture Books
- Crime/detective fiction
- Political/military thrillers